Thomas Ryan-Lawrence is a Founder of ARK Leadership and serves as its VP, Operations and lead for the Human Resources Support and Financial Analysis programs to ARK’s clients.
In addition, he is a founder and Chief Operating Officer of Carma Productions, Inc. Thomas graduated with honors from Georgia State University with a BBA in Marketing. He began his career in advertising working in Atlanta, Los Angeles, Phoenix, and South Florida.
In 2008, he founded Carma Productions with Marci Alt, the founder of The Gay Community Yellow Pages. After noticing an emerging trend in the digital media marketplace, they took the concept of The Gay Community Yellow Pages and developed Gayborhood. Gayborhood is now the nation’s most comprehensive digital resource directory of gay-friendly businesses. Thomas was responsible for the initial research and development and served as the project manager, working closely with the development team to design and launch the mobile application and website. Additionally, he helped to create a new portfolio of services including Diversity Training and Marketing Consulting to further expand Carma’s client base. Carma Productions was nominated by the AGLCC for their Corporate Ally award in 2008 and again in 2014. Gayborhood was honored to win the AGLCC Small Business of the Year in 2015. After a decade and a half in marketing, Thomas shifted his focus at ARK to provide value to our clients in the forms of Human Resources Support and Financial Analysis.
Thomas enjoys spending time with his husband, Chris, and their son, Noah, who was born in January 2014 and is the inspiration for the formation of ARK Leadership and our core values.
Community, recognition and recent speaking events:
- 2011 AGLCC’s Business Man of the Year
- 2014 AGLCC’s Business Man of the Year
- Fenuxe Magazine’s 50 Most Influential People – 2010
- Secretary, Board of Directors – Out on Film – 2009-2010
- Successful Real Estate Investor
- 2014 Georgia Leadership Conference Guest Speaker
- Speaker, The Chicago Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce, “Supporting the LGBTQ Community Year Round”, 2017
- Georgia State University Alumni “40 under 40”, Class of 2019
- Speaker, Microsoft, “Pride Entrepreneur Lessons”, 2019
- Wesley International Academy, Board Member, 2016 to present
- Board Secretary, 2016-2019
- Board Vice Chair, 2019-2020
- Board Chair, 2020-2021